The University of Northern Iowa strives to create a respectful, safe, and non-threatening environment for students, faculty and staff. It is important all students understand the types of behaviors that constitute sexual misconduct and interpersonal violence. Sexual Assault Prevention is an online program that teaches students about sexual misconduct and interpersonal violence, including sexual violence, harassment, stalking, and dating/domestic violence.
How do I access and complete the Sexual Assault Prevention program?
- Log into MyUniverse. Click the "Life at UNI" tab. Find the "Sexual Assault Prevention" box. Click the link "Go to the online program."
- The first time you click the link to enter the program, you will complete your account setup. Please use your UNI email address.
- You may log in and out of the program and your place will be saved within the program. Always log back in through the link provided to you via MyUNIverse!
- Check your UNI e-mail account for any updates. Not checking your e-mail is not a valid excuse for failure.
What do I do if I need an accommodation for a disability?
The University of Northern Iowa prohibits discrimination in educational programs on the basis of disability. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in this educational program, please contact the UNI staff member listed below.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is required to take the Sexual Assault Prevention program?
All new, incoming first-year and transfer students are required to complete the program within the first few weeks of their first semester to avoid a course registration hold for the following term.
2. How long will it take me to complete the program?
The program takes approximately an hour to complete.
3. Will I have to pay for the course?
No. Funding for this program is supported by the university.
4. What do I do if I need an accomodation for a disability?
The University of Northern Iowa prohibits discrimination in educational programs on the basis of disability. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in this educational program, please call (319) 273-2332 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific need.
For additional information or questions regarding this online program please call (319) 273-2332 or email email@example.com.